HOW TO SET & ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Do you have a difficult time achieving your goals? Have you been trying to achieve the same goal for 5 years in a row?
If so, here are 10 steps to help you set and achieve your goals.
1. Brain dump
- Grab your journal and pen and declutter your mind and your thoughts
- Jot down all the things you wish to achieve (Especially the goals that seem impossible)
- Brain dumping will help you to organize your thoughts and you will be able to focus on the things that you need to be doing
- This will give you clarity and therefore you will be able to set your intentions and be more productive
2. Set SMART goals
Once you've brain dumped, see if you can group anything together. Cross out any goals that don't seem SMART.
SMART stands for:
- (S)pecific - Get clear on what you want. What do you want to achieve and why is it important to you?
I want to work as a receptionist at a company for one year so that I can gain experience and learn the necessary skills that are needed to build my own successful business with a dependable team.
- (M)easurable - Set mini deadlines. It's a great way to track your progress. You'll be able to build momentum and it will help keep you focused.
- (A)ttainable - Step outside your comfort zone and challenge yourself, but also be realistic. (TIP: Think about your strengths and weaknesses, and other factors)
- (R)elevant - Is your goal in alignment with your core values? Is this something that is really important to you and is it the right time?
- (T)ime bound - When do you want to achieve this goal? What can you do tomorrow? What can you do next week? Next month? 6 months from now? And what can you do today? This will help you plan out daily to-do lists. You'll have a clear target date.
3. Take action
Starting today, take action. Self doubt and feelings of not being good enough may arise, but take action anyways. Take the first step in the right direction and then show up for yourself every single day.
4. Have self-discipline
Life won't always be sunshine and rainbows. You won't always feel motivated to push through and meet your mini deadlines, that is why you have to have self-discipline. Even when things get boring or difficult you have to tell yourself that it's important that you keep going. It's important that you keep showing up.
5. Be consistent
A little today, will be a lot tomorrow. Keep putting in the necessary work that is needed. Drop any excuses as to why today isn't a great day to show up. Be consistent and keep meeting your deadlines.
6. Work hard
Understand that achieving some of your goals won't be easy. It will challenge you. It will require you to step outside of your comfort zone. It may even force you to learn something new. Always remember that in order for you to get something that you've never gotten, you'll have to do things you've never done.
7. Find inspiration
Find people that are also working towards their goals. Notice what they're doing and learn from them. Surround yourself with like-minded individuals. Soak up any valuable knowledge and then apply it to your own life and goals.
(TIP: Be mindful of the accounts you follow on social media. We suggest that you unfollow accounts that are not adding value to your life. You want your feed to be filled with content that will keep your spirit up. You want to consume content that will inspire you to be your best self.)
8. Understand how you function
Understanding yourself is a major key to achieving your goals. Are you someone that is easily distracted? If so, you may have to consider temporarily getting rid of any temptations that may deter you from achieving your goals. Are you someone that gives up when things get hard? If that’s you, have a system in place that will keep you on track. A system could be a motivational podcast that you listen to, or even a specific person you can talk to that you know will help you to stay focused.
9. Don't give up
Keep going. You don't have to have all the answers. If you know that you are doing the work, then trust that you are divinely guided and don't give up.
10. Celebrate your little wins
Even though you haven't yet achieved your big goal, celebrate what you did achieve. Celebrate the fact that you took action in the first place. Celebrate the fact that you hit your first deadline. Celebrate it all! When you have your big win, you'll look back and realize that your big win was made up of tiny little wins!
Now that you know the 10 steps that you need to take in order for you to set and achieve your goals, go KOTCH and KREATE. It's time to be up to something new and exciting!